Thursday 27 November 2014

Time and Time Again

Time and time again I fall into old ways. I lose my direction, my discipline, my good habits. Where do they go? To the land of good intentions where they languish and loll about, awaiting my recommitting to them. Or so I imagine.

Labrador continues to bewitch me - it is a cold old icy day though and my walk with the gal was short. Yes, I do keep that discipline. She cannot be ignored and put away - like my sketchbook, manuscript or sitting practice!

To be fair, much is going well. I've got a job working at a rehab centre. It is good work, meaningful and engaging. I know it will have moments of great frustration but I'm not there yet. I'm still just filling in here and there, making my way - so no true structure as of yet. Yikes! That might be a good thing too.

I've been doing a lot of sketching - joined an online skool (yep - that's how they spell it!) and have been having fun painting and drawing daily.

I just reconnected with a friend I haven't seen in about 14 years - we are going to exchange manuscripts - that'll be very good I think.

I've started a script with a local gal - we're going to put on a murder mystery evening set in the early turning of the last century. We'll put it on in February - on one of those bleak cold nights when all fun seems gone gone gone!

So I continue my sojourn in Labrador - making my way - not so solitary as I was last year. And as soon as this blasted ice goes I'll be back to long meanders on the shore and in the woods.

Here are some photos ~



the Mealy Mountains
 One Tree Island (yes it has three)
 Bella hunting fun


from the bridge on the way to work


 my friend Annie and I when she came for a short but sweet visit!




and as always - the glorious view from the beach ...

2 comments:

  1. Lovely 'photos, Jan! And I think the lure of old ways and familiar patterns of thinking is a siren song. It's very hard to not to fall back into them. I think that's a journey we all take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope things have been going well for you. It's been a while.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete