Thursday 14 May 2015

Today it is misty moisty snowy rainy

Work is done for the day and I`m about to hop on my bike and head home but I thought I`d post first. A few notes about what is happening on my sojourn these days

1st of all - the bay is breaking up! Yes! There are large pockets of moving water out there and it really started happening yesterday. So thrilling! Those that get around on snow machines don`t like it but me - I love it. And it also means that pretty soon (maybe this weekend) they`ll have the Ice to Water Dance. Kazow!

2nd of all - my pal Deb is coming on Saturday and I`m taking two days off to play with her! Ron and I can`t wait to see her and show her where we live and just lie around eating and talking.


thirdly - I`m riding my bike! I`m still slow going up the hills and have to half-walk it to work in the morning but I can sail home in minutes. Who knew...?
photo of Muskrat Falls last fall....
finally - I might have just a bit of spring fever. okay?

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great visit with your friend, Jan! And I don't blame you for having spring fever. There's something about those subtle and not-so-subtle changes in the weather that brings us outdoors and eager for those deep breaths of spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right! Yesterday it snowed all day! On May 21st. eep.

      Delete
  2. Lovely photo.

    It is very interesting to read your post.

    We don't have snow here and therefore it is not possible to see ice breaking and water moving. The scene your are describing must be very wonderful.

    It always makes us happy to have a friend visiting us. I am sure you will have a great time.

    I know the thrill of going down the slope on the bike, absolutely no effort involved.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joseph - I went to your site and yes, I get that you certainly do not have snow (or ice). Lovely though. Isn't it interesting that in this age we can chat across the world?

      Delete